SEDL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is composed of a diverse workforce committed to solving significant problems educational systems face to ensure a quality education for all learners. Candidates from diverse racial/ethnic, and cultural backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
As of June 1, 2014, SEDL employs almost 100 people, of whom
- 76% are women
- 43% are members of minority groups
- 38% have doctorate degrees
- 33% have master's degrees
- 3% self-report as having disabilities
Current Career Opportunities
SEDL does not currently have any advertised position vacancies.
SEDL offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes the following:
- Competitive salary commensurate with relevant education and experience
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Prescription benefits and vision discount program
- Life and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) insurance
- Disability Insurance
- 403(b) retirement plan through Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association of America–– College Retirement Equities Fund (TIAA-CREF). SEDL contributes an amount equal to 14 percent of staff member’s salary each month into the account. Contributions cannot exceed limits fixed by law.
- Vacation, sick, and personal leave and holiday pay
- Casual attire and a great working environment
All benefits are effective on date of hire. Staffing classification, such as full-time or part-time, determine eligibility and availability of the plans in which you can participate.
SEDL Employment Standards
SEDL does not discriminate against staff members or applicants because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, or disability. SEDL also implements Affirmative Action Policies and procedures as required by the Office of Federal Contracts Compliance Program of the U.S. Department of Labor. SEDL maintains a Drug-Free and Alcohol-Free Workplace and prohibits smoking of any kind, at any time, in any portion of SEDL's space.
SEDL participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify Program as required by law. If offered employment by SEDL, successful applicants shall be required to allow SEDL to examine her/his valid original U.S. Social Security Number Card and other such documents as may be required by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services as evidence of identity and employment eligibility.
SEDL reserves the right to (a) not fill any position or (b) re-open a position's notice of vacancy. Applicants should be aware that, as a condition of employment, SEDL may require a certified copy of relevant university/college transcript(s) and a release of information concerning (a) a background security check or (b) status of driving record (if position requires travel).
Continued employment during, or beyond, any cited period(s) is dependent upon SEDL's needs, the availability of funds, and the staff member's satisfactory performance. Successful applicants will be employed initially on a probationary basis generally not to exceed six months.