Standards for the lesson plan
ISTE-NETS-S 1: Creativity and Innovation
Building Robotic Machines
Students demonstrate creative thinking, construct knowledge, and develop innovative products and processes using technology. Students:
ISTE-NETS-S 4: Critical Thinking, Problem-Solving & Decision-Making
- apply existing knowledge to generate new ideas, products, or processes.
- create original works as a means of personal or group expression.
- use models and simulations to explore complex systems and issues.
- identify trends and forecast possibilities.
Students use critical thinking skills to plan and conduct research, manage projects, solve problems and make informed decisions using appropriate digital tools and resources. Students:
ISTE-NETS-S 5: Digital Citizenship
- identify and define authentic problems and significant questions for investigation.
- plan and manage activities to develop a solution or complete a project.
- collect and analyze data to identify solutions and/or make informed decisions.
- use multiple processes and diverse perspectives to explore alternative solutions.
Students understand human, cultural, and societal issues related to technology and practice legal and ethical behavior. Students:
ISTE-NETS-S 6: Technology Operations and Concepts
- advocate and practice safe, legal, and responsible use of information and technology.
- exhibit a positive attitude toward using technology that supports collaboration, learning, and productivity.
- demonstrate personal responsibility for lifelong learning.
- exhibit leadership for digital citizenship.
Students demonstrate a sound understanding of technology concepts, systems and operations. Students:
- understand and use technology systems.
- select and use applications effectively and productively.
- troubleshoot systems and applications.
- transfer current knowledge to learning of new technologies.
These standards are from the National Educational Technology Standards for Students, http://www.iste.org/Content/NavigationMenu/NETS/For_Students/NETS_S.htm.