Standards for the lesson plan
ISTE-NETS-S 2: Communication and Collaboration
Ask an Expert
Students use digital media and environments to communicate and work collaboratively, including at a distance, to support individual learning and contribute to the learning of others. Students:
ISTE-NETS-S 3: Research and Information Fluency
- interact, collaborate, and publish with peers, experts or others employing a variety of digital environments and media.
- communicate information and ideas effectively to multiple audiences using a variety of media and formats.
- develop cultural understanding and global awareness by engaging with learners of other cultures.
- contribute to project teams to produce original works or solve problems.
Students apply digital tools to gather, evaluate, and use information. Students:
ISTE-NETS-S 4: Critical Thinking, Problem-Solving & Decision-Making
- plan strategies to guide inquiry.
- locate, organize, analyze, evaluate, synthesize, and ethically use information from a variety of sources and media.
- evaluate and select information sources and digital tools based on the appropriateness to specific tasks.
- process data and report results.
Students use critical thinking skills to plan and conduct research, manage projects, solve problems and make informed decisions using appropriate digital tools and resources. Students:
ISTE-NETS-S 5: Digital Citizenship
- identify and define authentic problems and significant questions for investigation.
- plan and manage activities to develop a solution or complete a project.
- collect and analyze data to identify solutions and/or make informed decisions.
- use multiple processes and diverse perspectives to explore alternative solutions.
Students understand human, cultural, and societal issues related to technology and practice legal and ethical behavior. Students:
- advocate and practice safe, legal, and responsible use of information and technology.
- exhibit a positive attitude toward using technology that supports collaboration, learning, and productivity.
- demonstrate personal responsibility for lifelong learning.
- exhibit leadership for digital citizenship.
These standards are from the National Educational Technology Standards for Students, http://www.iste.org/Content/NavigationMenu/NETS/For_Students/NETS_S.htm.