Standards for the lesson plan
ISTE-NETS-S 3: Research and Information Fluency
Computer Repair and Recycle
Students apply digital tools to gather, evaluate, and use information. Students:
ISTE-NETS-S 4: Critical Thinking, Problem-Solving & Decision-Making
- plan strategies to guide inquiry.
- locate, organize, analyze, evaluate, synthesize, and ethically use information from a variety of sources and media.
- evaluate and select information sources and digital tools based on the appropriateness to specific tasks.
- process data and report results.
Students use critical thinking skills to plan and conduct research, manage projects, solve problems and make informed decisions using appropriate digital tools and resources. Students:
ISTE-NETS-S 5: Digital Citizenship
- identify and define authentic problems and significant questions for investigation.
- plan and manage activities to develop a solution or complete a project.
- collect and analyze data to identify solutions and/or make informed decisions.
- use multiple processes and diverse perspectives to explore alternative solutions.
Students understand human, cultural, and societal issues related to technology and practice legal and ethical behavior. Students:
ISTE-NETS-S 6: Technology Operations and Concepts
- advocate and practice safe, legal, and responsible use of information and technology.
- exhibit a positive attitude toward using technology that supports collaboration, learning, and productivity.
- demonstrate personal responsibility for lifelong learning.
- exhibit leadership for digital citizenship.
Students demonstrate a sound understanding of technology concepts, systems and operations. Students:
- understand and use technology systems.
- select and use applications effectively and productively.
- troubleshoot systems and applications.
- transfer current knowledge to learning of new technologies.
These standards are from the National Educational Technology Standards for Students, http://www.iste.org/Content/NavigationMenu/NETS/For_Students/NETS_S.htm.