Standards for the lesson plan
ISTE-NETS-S 1: Creativity and Innovation
What Makes our Community Special?
Students demonstrate creative thinking, construct knowledge, and develop innovative products and processes using technology. Students:
ISTE-NETS-S 2: Communication and Collaboration
- apply existing knowledge to generate new ideas, products, or processes.
- create original works as a means of personal or group expression.
- use models and simulations to explore complex systems and issues.
- identify trends and forecast possibilities.
Students use digital media and environments to communicate and work collaboratively, including at a distance, to support individual learning and contribute to the learning of others. Students:
ISTE-NETS-S 3: Research and Information Fluency
- interact, collaborate, and publish with peers, experts or others employing a variety of digital environments and media.
- communicate information and ideas effectively to multiple audiences using a variety of media and formats.
- develop cultural understanding and global awareness by engaging with learners of other cultures.
- contribute to project teams to produce original works or solve problems.
Students apply digital tools to gather, evaluate, and use information. Students:
- plan strategies to guide inquiry.
- locate, organize, analyze, evaluate, synthesize, and ethically use information from a variety of sources and media.
- evaluate and select information sources and digital tools based on the appropriateness to specific tasks.
- process data and report results.
These standards are from the National Educational Technology Standards for Students, http://www.iste.org/Content/NavigationMenu/NETS/For_Students/NETS_S.htm.