Standards for the lesson plan
Dance: The 'language of dance'
- Music (5-8) Standard 6- Listening to, analyzing, and describing music
- Music (5-8) Standard 8- Understanding relationships between music, the other arts, and disciplines outside the arts
- Dance (5-8) Standard 1- Identifying and demonstrating movement elements and skills in performing dance
- Dance (5-8) Standard 2- Understanding choreographic principles, processes, and structures
- Dance (5-8) Standard 3- Understanding dance as a way to create and communicate meaning
From National Standards for Arts Education. Copyright © 1994 by Music Educators National Conference (MENC). Used by permission. The complete National Arts Standards and additional materials relating to the Standards are available from MENC -- The National Association for Music Education, 1806 Robert Fulton Drive, Reston, VA 20191. http://www.menc.org/publication/books/standards.htm