Additional Print and Online Resources
- Blair, L. A. (2000). Strategies for Change: Implementing a Comprehensive School Reform Program. CSRD Connections 1(2). Austin, TX: Southwest Educational Development Laboratory.
- Boyd, V. (1992). Creating a Context for Change. Issues about Change, 2(2). Austin, TX: Southwest Educational Development Laboratory.
- Brown, J & Moffett, C. A. (1999). The Hero's Journey: How Educators Can Transform Schools and Improve Learning. Alexandria, VA: Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development.
- Connell, J. (1997). First Things First: A Framework for Successful School-Site Reform. Kansas City, MO: E. M. Kauffman Foundation.
- Conley, D. T. (1993). Road Map to Restructuring: Policies, Practices and the Emerging Visions of Schooling. Eugene, OR: ERIC Clearinghouse on Educational Management.
- Corbett, D., Dawson, J., & Firestone, W. (1984). School Context and Change: Implications for Effective Planning. NY: Teachers College Press.
- Donahoe, T. (1993). Finding the Way: Structure, Time, and Culture in School Improvement. Phi Delta Kappan, 75(4), 298-305.
- Fullan, M. G. (1993). Change Forces: Probing the Depths of Educational Reform. Bristol, PA: The Falmer Press.
- Fullan, M. G. (1999). Change Forces: The Sequel. Philadelphia, PA: The Falmer Press.
- Fullan, M. G., & Miles, M. B. (1992). Getting Reform Right: What Works and What Doesn't. Phi Delta Kappan, 73(10), 744-752.
- Hall, G. E., & Hord, S. M. (1987). Change in Schools: Facilitating the Process. Albany, NY: State University of New York Press.
- Hargreaves, A. (Ed.). (1997). Rethinking Educational Change with Heart and Mind: 1997 ASCD Yearbook. Alexandria, VA: Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development.
- Hord, S. M. (1997). Professional Learning Communities: Communities of Continuous Inquiry and Improvement. Austin, TX: Southwest Educational Development Laboratory.
- Hord, S. M. (1994). Staff Development and Change Process: Cut from the Same Cloth. Issues about Change, 4(2). Austin, TX: Southwest Educational Development Laboratory.
- Hord, S. M., & Czerwinski, P. (1991). Leadership: An Imperative for Successful Change. Issues About Change, 1(2). Austin, TX: Southwest Educational Development Laboratory.
- Hord, S. M., Rutherford, W. L., Huling-Austin, L, & Hall, G. E. (1987). Taking Charge of Change. Austin, TX: Southwest Educational Development Laboratory.
- Katzenmeyer, M., & Moller, G. (1996). Awakening the Sleeping Giant: Leadership Development for Teachers. Thousand Oaks, CA: Corwin Press, Inc.
- Louis, K. S., & Miles, M. B. (1990). Improving the Urban High School: What Works and Why. NY: Teachers College Press.
- Miles, M. B. (1993). 40 Years of Change in Schools: Some Personal Reflections. Educational Administration Quarterly, 29(2), 213-248.
- Raywid, M. A. (1993). Finding Time for Collaboration. Educational Leadership, 51(1), 30-34.
- Rossman, G. B., Corbett, H. D., & Firestone, W. A. (1988). Change and Effectiveness in Schools. Albany, NY: State University of New York.
- Scherer, M. M. (Ed.). (2000). Sustaining Change. Educational Leadership, 5(7).
- Senge, P., Kleiner, A., Roberts, C., Ross, R., Roth, G., & Smith, B. (1999). The Dance of Change. NY: Doubleday, Inc.
Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development (ASCD)
The Center for Comprehensive School Reform and Improvement (formerly the National Clearinghouse for Comprehensive School Reform)
The Center for Education Reform
Education Commission of the States (ECS)
Educational Resources Information Center (ERIC)
Education Week on the Web
National Staff Development Council (NSDC)
Phi Delta Kappan articles online
Regional Educational Laboratory Network
SEDL's CSR Web site
- CSRD Connections
U.S. Department of Education CSRD Web site
Next Page: Credits and Disclaimer