LOTE CED Lowdown Newsletter
PDF versions of the LOTE CED Lowdown
Vol 6.2 - Apr 2003
Vol 6.1 - Nov 2002
Vol 5.4 - Aug 2002
Vol 5.3 - May 2002
Vol 5.2 - Jan 2002
Vol 5.1 - Oct 2001
Vol 4.4 - Aug 2001
Vol 4.3 - May 2001
Vol 4.2 - Mar 2001
Vol 4.1 - Dec 2000
Vol 3.3 - Sep 2000
Vol 3.2 - Feb 2000
Vol 3.1 - Dec 1999
Vol 2.2 - Aug 1999
Vol 2.1 - Apr 1999
Vol 1.2 - Jul 1998
The Lowdown newsletter was distributed to foreign language department heads and district coordinators to provide updates on LOTE Center activities and to highlight news and resources of interest to LOTE educators. Selected articles are featured below and archived issues indexed at left.
- Retiring Fort Bend ISD Language Coordinator to Begin New Career - Denise Tanner of Fort Bend ISD has been named Texas Secondary Teacher of the year.
- German Teacher Named Secondary Teacher of the Year
- Texas LOTE Teachers Participate in Action Research Initiative
- 2001-2002 TFLA Teachers of the Year: Five Texas teachers were honored this year by the Texas Foreign Language Association.
- The Metz Exchange: The Smyrls Abroad: One Texas family's account of living in France in the 1980s.
Letters From the Field
- Differentiated Instruction in the LOTE Classroom
- THIS is Staff Development
- A New Transition: From San Antonio to Austin
- FLES for Many: One District's Solution
- TEA Transitions: Reflections on Past and Future
- Reflections on the Creative Process in LOTE Teaching and Learning
Learning Scenarios (includes off-site links)
- Japanese Learning Scenarios on the Web - This Web site contains Japanese National Standards Learning Scenarios created by twelve Japanese language teachers in Indiana and one in Iowa.
- Integrating Technology and Culture Learning - CLEAR News article: Learners discuss cultural perspectives in film with others online. (Link no longer works, 2012: http://clear.msu.edu/clear/newsletter/files/spring2001.pdf)
- Interdisciplinaire à la carte: Making Connections in the French Class This article in the AATF National Bulletin focuses on connections to other subject areas.
- Great TEKSpectations: Innovative Learning Scenarios for the LOTE Classroom - Learning scenarios for Arabic, French, German, Japanese, Russian, and Spanish.