Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- How do I begin taking the OPDC courses?
Click on the "Login" button on the OPDC main page to enroll. Once you set up your username (your valid email address), your password will be emailed to you and you can login and access the library of professional development courses available to you.
- I have forgotten my password. Should I establish a new username?
No. Just select the "Login" button and enter your e-mail address. Your password will be sent to you by e-mail.
- I keep getting an error message when I try to go to a link from within the course. What should I do?
You will probably have to download the latest Flash plugin to ensure that you are able to enjoy the rich, interactive elements of the OPDC courses.
- Do I get credit for using these courses?
Please see the Course Credit page for specific information about receiving CPE credits.
- Are the courses self-paced or instructor-assisted?
OPDC courses are designed to be self-paced.
- How many times can I take a particular course?
There is no limit to how many times you can take the course. Users have access to these courses 24/7 and they can access these courses as many times as they
- Can I return to a course I have partially completed?
Yes. A bookmarking feature allows OPDC courses to automatically remember where each user left off in the course. When the user enters a course, he or she is
given the choice to either start from the beginning or from the bookmarked page. Responses to previously answered project and journal questions are stored in memory.
- How do I navigate the course?
On the course page, you may use the menu button at the bottom, left of the screen to navigate to any other section of the course. You may also use the right/
left arrows to page forward or back.
- What is the "project" button, and how do I use it?
Each course requires users to complete a simple project, so user responses to certain questions are stored in memory for this purpose. You must click Submit to save your answers. These responses can be
viewed or printed out at any time during the course by clicking the "project" button at the bottom of the course screen and then selecting PRINT from the
- What is the "journal" button, and how do I use it?
Click on the journal button at the bottom of the course screen whenever you wish to take notes and to respond to certain reflective questions. Clicking will
open a pop-up screen where you can enter text. Everything is stored in memory, so you can print out the journal at any time. You must click Submit to save your answers.
- What is the "glossary" button, and how do I use it?
Click the glossary button at the bottom of the course screen to access a vocabulary list of key words used in the course. Scroll to look for a word or phrase.
- What is the "resources" button, and how do I use it?
Click this button to see a list of resources available for the course such as a bibliography, online articles, etc. Most of these items can be printed out
or saved to your computer as a text file.
- How long are my responses stored in the database?
There is no expiration date associated with your responses, so you may return at any time to access them.