Professional Learning Communities Assessment-Revised
The Professional Learning Communities Assessment-Revised (PLCA-R) measures staff perceptions of school practices related to six dimensions of professional learning communities (PLCs). The questionnaire consists of statements about practices that can occur in schools. Respondents use a 4-point scale to indicate the degree to which they agree or disagree with each statement.
The PLCA-R reports scores along the following six dimensions:
- Shared and Supportive Leadership
- Shared Values and Vision
- Collective Learning and Application
- Shared Personal Practice
- Supportive Conditions-Relationships
- Supportive Conditions-Structures
Benefits of Using the Online PLCA-R:
- Ease of use: The online version of the PLCA-R enables you to quickly customize and deploy the questionnaire and to report the results as soon as participants have completed it. Reports automatically graph the data and calculate the mean and standard deviation for each dimension.
- Customization: You can add up to 20 custom questions to gather demographic information and provide subgroup identifiers. These identifiers can later be used to generate subgroup reports showing slices of the data (e.g., School A, School B, School C; teachers with less than and more than 3 years of experience).
- Multiple views of the data: Reports can show scores and graphs for individuals, an entire group, or any subgroup you defined. You can also add report graphs to an online clipboard to generate a custom multiline graph that visually compares and contrasts the scores for different groups, subgroups, or individuals.
How to Order:
The PLCA-R survey online was a service available from SEDL from 2010-2016. We are no longer offering this service online for new customers. Existing customers are able to continue using the full features of the PLCA-R survey site and service until December 31, 2017. At the end of 2017, this resource will be sunset and removed from the sedl.org website. If you have questions or concerns, please contact Brian Litke at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may contact the authors of the PLCA-R if you are interested in using the PLCA-R in a paper format. Click here to download Word documents for the PLCA-R survey and a guide to Assessing and Analyzing the PLCA-R.