References and Credits
- American Federation of Teachers. (2005) Survey and analysis of teacher salary trends 2004. Washington, DC: Author.
- Hanushek, E. A., Kain, J. F., & Rivkin, S. G. (2001, November). Why public schools lose teachers. Political Economy Working Paper 12/01. http://www.utdallas.edu/dept/socsci/working_papers/
- Odden, A., & Kelley, C. (2002). Paying teachers for what they know and do: New and smarter compensation strategies to improve schools. Thousand Oaks, CA: Corwin Press.
- Pan, D., Rudo, Z. H., Schneider, C. L., & Smith-Hansen, L. (2003, April). Examination of resource allocation in education: Connecting spending to student performance. Austin, TX: Southwest Educational Development Laboratory.
- Rice, J. K. (2003). Teacher quality: Understanding the effectiveness of teacher attributes. Washington, DC: Economic Policy Institute.
Author: Diane Pan
Copy Editor: Laura Shankland
Design and Layout: Shaila Abdullah
Insights on Education Policy, Practice, and Research may be reproduced and copies distributed to members by educational agencies, organizations, and associations. This publication was produced in whole or in part with funds from the Institute of Education Sciences, U.S. Department of Education, under contract number ED-01-CO- 0009. The content herein does not necessarily reflect the views of the U.S. Department of Education, any other agency of the U.S. government, or any other source.