Arts in Afterschool: A Guide to Using the Afterschool Training Toolkit for Professional Development
Authors: Suzanne Stiegelbauer (Contributor), Laura Shankland, Deborah Donnelly, Catherine Jordan
|Price: $14.99 from Lulu.com|
Available online: PDF
The six promising practices in afterschool for the arts identified in the Afterschool Training Toolkit are as follows:
- Building Skills in the Arts
- Expressing Yourself Through the Arts
- Making Connections to History and Culture
- Thinking and Talking About Works of Art
- Integrating the Arts With Other Subjects
- Involving Families and Communities
Each practice is built on youth development principles and research on effective arts instruction. At their core, the Afterschool Training Toolkit materials are designed to illustrate techniques and activities that leverage student curiosity to make the arts in afterschool both enjoyable and academically relevant. This guide provides professional development ideas for each practice.
This is one of four professional development guides for use with the Afterschool Training Toolkit.