School Context: Bridge or Barrier to Change?
Author: Victoria Boyd
|Product ID: CHA-03||Price: Available free online|
Available online: Full text
A school is more than a building-it is a complex organization. To improve schools we must consider the effects of change on all parts of the organization.
This guide examines some contextual factors that can support or block efforts to improve schools. It discusses:
- The role of school resources, policies, and rules in change
- How attitudes and beliefs of school administrators, faculty, and students shape school change
- Cultural norms in school change
- Definitions of at-risk students and context
It is a companion to two other Leadership for School Change guides that focus on factors that influence school change and are intended to benefit students-especially those at risk.
- Facilitative Leadership: The Imperative for Change
- Leadership Characteristics that Facilitate Change
- School Context: Bridge or Barrier to Change?