Voices from the Field: Success in School Reform
Authors: SEDL, Shirley M. Hord, Dennis Sparks, Wendell Brown, Sharron Havens, Margarita Calderon
|Product ID: CHA-38||Price: Available free online|
Available online: Full text
Implementing a comprehensive school reform program may seem overwhelming. To help schools and school districts, SEDL has produced a set of two audiotapes that provide advice and best practices from experienced practitioners in the field of leadership and school change. The set includes a 22-page guidebook containing questions for reflection and discussion.
On the tapes, you will hear from:
- Shirley Hord, SEDL Scholar Emerita and well-known researcher
- Dennis Sparks, executive director of the National Staff Development Council (NSDC)
- Wendell Brown, principal at Alderson Junior High School in Lubbock, Texas
- Sharron Havens, assistant superintendent for instruction in Lonoke, Arkansas
- Margarita Calderón from the Center for Research on the Education of Students Placed at Risk (CRESPAR), who works with schools nationwide that are involved in reform through Success for All and CRESPAR.