Afterschool Training Toolkit: Building Quality Enrichment Activities
Authors: National Partnership for Quality Afterschool Learning, Cathy Jordan, Deborah Donnelly, Marilyn Heath
|Price: Available free online|
Available online: multimedia
This toolkit is designed to give afterschool program directors and instructors the resources they need to build fun, innovative, and academically enriching activities that not only engage students, but extend their knowledge in new ways and increase academic achievement.
What You Get
From math and science to literacy and the arts, this toolkit has everything you need to engage students in fun afterschool activities while extending content knowledge across the curriculum. Each subject area is filled with standards-based multimedia resources including: research-based practices, sample lessons, interactive activities, and video segments taken from afterschool programs across the country. Whether you're an experienced afterschool program director or a new volunteer, you will find a range of user-friendly practices and sample lessons, the research that tells you what works, specific how-to instructions, and outcomes to look for.
The toolkit includes promising practices and sample lessons in:
Use these toolkits to build your afterschool program, in professional development settings, for activities and ideas, and as a research base in effective afterschool programming.
The toolkit was developed by the National partnership for Quality Afterschool Learning, a partnership consisting of:
- Southwest Educational Development Laboratory (SEDL)
- National Center for Research on Evaluation, Standards, and Student Testing (CRESST)
- Mid-Continent Research for Education and Learning (McREL)
- Northwest Regional Educational Laboratory (NWREL)
- SERVE Center at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro (SERVE)
- WGBH Educational Foundation (WGBH)
Related ResourcesThe following resources can be used with the online Afterschool Training Toolkit to give you the resources you need to build fun, innovative, and academically enriching afterschool activities that engage students, extend their knowledge in new ways, and support academic achievement.
- Instructor's Guides to the Afterschool Training Toolkit (Available free in PDF format or you can purchase print copies.)
- Professional Development Guides (Available free in PDF format or you can purchase print copies.)
- Afterschool Training Toolkit DVD: Short Videos of Promising Practices in Afterschool (Only $10 including shipping/handling)