Spiders - Lesson 4: The Spider's Life Cycle
ACTIVITY: Spider Life Cycle
Students draw and color four pictures depicting the spider's life cycle on
separate sheets of paper, which are put together to form a minibook.
Book pages: paper rectangles, 3 1/2 x 5 inches
- On four separate pages or pieces of paper, students draw four stages of a
spider's life cycle: eggs in the sac; spiderlings in the nest hatching and
leaving the nest; spiderlings ballooning; adults spinning a web to catch prey.
- Color the drawings.
- Label each page or make an observation about the spider in the picture.
- Sequence the pictures and number the pages.
- Staple the pages.
- Make a cover page and illustrate it.
- Write a story, poem or cinquain (see Lesson One) for the minibook.
- Place the minibook in the Library Center for other children to read.