ADVANCING RESEARCH, IMPROVING EDUCATION
Previous Work — October 2005 to September 2012
These resources were published under a previous SECC contract; therefore, information contained therein may have changed and is not updated.
Regional Events and Forums
The goal of this Institute is to increase participants’ awareness, knowledge, and use of research-based practices for meeting the needs of English language learners (ELLs).
- Increase awareness of the learning needs of ELLs in the southeast region.
- Increase knowledge and use of research-based instructional strategies for meeting the learning needs of ELLs.
- Learn approaches for developing academic language across all content areas for all students.
- Understand how the Framework for Developing High-Quality English Language Proficiency Standards and Assessments can be used to guide the alignment of standards and assessments for ELLs.
- Examine tools and resources for developing and aligning standards, curricula, instruction, and assessments for ELLs.
- Develop plans and next steps for providing professional development to districts regarding approaches for developing academic language.
The Southeast Comprehensive Center is housed at SEDL. Copyright ©2017 SEDL
|About SEDL | Contact SEDL | SEDL
GO TO SEDL WEB SITE
|The contents of this site were developed under grant number S283B050033 from the U.S. Department of Education. However, the contents do not necessarily represent the policy of the Department of Education, and you should not assume endorsement by the federal government.|