The STEM XXI Network hosted a Summit on August 21, 2014 for diverse STEM stakeholders to explore partnerships and strategies to improve STEM teaching, learning, and life experiences for Texas students.
Date: August 21
Time: 10 a.m.–5 p.m.
Venue: SEDL Headquarters,
4700 Mueller Blvd., Austin, TX 78723
Lunch will be provided
Private Tour and Exploration at the Thinkery
Time: 5:30 p.m.–6:30 p.m.
Venue: 1830 Simond Ave., Austin, TX 78723
STEM XXI Network 2014 Summit
The STEM XXI Network hosted an invitation-only Summit on August 21, 2014, where diverse STEM stakeholders sought to increase understanding of the current landscape of STEM programs in Texas, to identify gaps, and to propose new partnerships and strategies for 21st century STEM education in Texas and nationally. The stakeholders included STEM experts, afterschool program leaders, teachers, administrators, industry leaders, and funders in Texas.
This invitation-only day of presentations, networking, and discussions focused on how innovative out-of-school time and informal learning programs strengthen STEM education in our schools and communities. At this event we discerned how we, as educators and enthusiasts, can join forces to improve STEM instruction and experiences for children and youth.
Presentations and Handouts
- 2014 Summit Follow-up: Summary, Next Steps, and Recommendations (NEW)
- Summit agenda, schedule, and presenter bios
Vicki Dimock, Chief Program Officer, SEDL
- Connecting the Dots for a Strong STEM Network
Katie Kizziar, Associate Director of Programs, the Thinkery
- Next Steps
Melissa Dodson, Director of Evaluation, SEDL
Dave Wilson, Director of Academic Programs, National Instruments
Other Presenters and Panelists
- Moderator Katie Kizziar, Associate Director of Programs, the Thinkery
- Melanie Moore, Executive Director, KDK-Harman Foundation
- Karen Siles, Software Engineer- Cloud Infrastructure Services, IBM
- Tamara Hudgins, Executive Director, Girlstart
- Stacy Avery, T-STEM Program Manager, Texas Education Agency
- Katie Kizziar, Associate Director of Programs, Thinkery
- Melissa Dodson, Director of Evaluation, SEDL
For information about STEM XXI Network or to partner with us on similar initiatives, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.