Professional Learning Communities Assessment-Revised (PLCA-R) Online
Authors: Dianne F. Olivier, Kristine Kiefer Hipp, Brian Litke (programmer)
|Product ID: PLC-01||Price: No longer available|
The PLCA-R survey online was a service available from SEDL from 2010-2016. We are no longer offering this service online for new customers. Existing customers are able to continue using the full features of the PLCA-R survey site and service until December 31, 2017. At the end of 2017, this resource will be sunset and removed from the sedl.org website. If you have questions or concerns, please contact Brian Litke at email@example.com.
You may contact the authors of the PLCA-R if you are interested in using the PLCA-R in a paper format. Click here to download Word documents for the PLCA-R survey and a guide to Assessing and Analyzing the PLCA-R.
Request a Demo Account
AIR allows users to try out the system to see how it works before making a purchase. Click here to access a page where you can set up your demo account now. If you have troubles using the form, click here to send an email to Brian Litke at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a demo account for the PLCA-R.
Features of the PLCA-R
The Professional Learning Communities Assessment-Revised (PLCA-R) is a questionnaire that measures staff perceptions of school practices related to six dimensions of a professional learning community (PLC) and its related attributes. The questionnaire consists of statements about practices that can occur in schools. Respondents use a 4-point scale to indicate the degree to which they agree or disagree with each statement.
The PLCA-R reports scores along the following six dimensions:
- Shared and Supportive Leadership
- Shared Values and Vision
- Collective Learning and Application
- Shared Personal Practice
- Supportive Conditions-Relationships
- Supportive Conditions-Structures
- Ease of use: The online Professional Learning Communities Assessment-Revised (PLCA-R) allows a coordinator to quickly customize and deploy the PLCA-R questionnaire as well as automatically report on the results as soon as the participants have completed the online questionnaire. Data are automatically graphed, and a mean and standard deviation are calculated for each dimension for the group, individual, or subgroup report being viewed.
- Multiple views of the data: Scores are reported for individual participants for each dimension. Scores are also reported by dimension for the entire group as well as any subgroups that are defined. Report graphs can be added to an online clipboard that allows you to generate a custom multi-line graph that visually compares and contrasts the scores for different groups or individuals.
- Customization: Up to 20 custom questions (up to 10 open-text questions and up to 10 controlled-answer questions) can be added to gather demographic information as well as to allow participants to select subgroup identifiers that are later used to view subgroup reports for slices of the data. Thus, a survey coordinator can define subgroups that allow the data to be viewed in isolation for other subgroups (i.e., you can view scores for teachers who have been teaching fewer than 3 years vs. experienced teachers; School A vs. School B; etc.)
The pricing is $0.50 per questionnaire completion, with a 25 questionnaire minimum order. Therefore, if you have 50 people whom you would like to complete the questionnaire, you would need to purchase a quantity of 50 (e.g. 50 questionnaire completions x $.50 = $25). If you would like the same 50 people to take the questionnaire twice during the year, to see how their concerns change over time, you would need to purchase 100 questionnaires.
Background information of the PLCA-R and copyright ownership:
Background information about the development and administration of the PLCA-R is available in chapter 4, “Assessing and Analyzing Schools as Professional Learning Communities” by Dianne F. Olivier and Kristine Kiefer Hipp, in the Rowman & Littlefield Education book Demystifying Professional Learning Communities: School Leadership at Its Best, ©2010. You can buy a copy of this book from the publisher, Rowman & Littlefield Education or from Amazon.com.
You can contact the editors and copyright holders of the book by e-mail: Kristine Kiefer Hipp at email@example.com and Jane Bumpers Huffman at Jane.Huffman@unt.edu. For information about using the PLCA-R, you can contact Dianne F. Olivier at firstname.lastname@example.org. Through an agreement with Drs. Olivier, Hipp, and Huffman, SEDL is providing access to the online version of the PLCA-R.