Literacy in Afterschool: An Instructor's Guide to the Afterschool Training Toolkit
Authors: Brenda Britsch (contributor), Randi Douglas (contributor), Nicole Martin (contributor), Eve McDermott (contributor), Gwen McNeir (contributor), Laura Shankland, Deborah Donnelly, Catherine Jordan
|Price: $16.50 from Lulu.com|
Available online: PDF
The six promising practices in student achievement in literacy identified in the Afterschool Training Toolkit are as follows:
- Book Discussion Groups and Literature Circles
- Read Aloud
- Story and Literature Dramatizations
- Family Literacy Events
- One-on-One and Small-Group Tutoring
When used with the Afterschool Training Toolkit, the lessons in this instructor’s guide will help you master these promising practices. Once you become proficient at these practices, you should be able to use them to develop other literacy lessons.
This instructor’s guide will help you
- understand how to use the literacy section of the Afterschool Training Toolkit;
- use literacy to offer fun lessons that help students learn in afterschool;
- motivate students to participate in afterschool; and
- use the lessons to become a more effective afterschool instructor.