Stages of Concern Questionnaire (SoCQ) Online
Authors: Archie A. George, Gene E. Hall, Suzanne M. Stiegelbauer, Brian Litke (programmer)
|Product ID: CBAM-21||Price: $0.50 from Shopify.com (minimum order of 100)|
Watch a Demo
- VIDEO: Accessing the SoCQ and customizing the questionnaire (12 minutes)
- VIDEO: Reading the SoCQ reports (9 minutes)
Request an Account
Click here to access a page where you can set up your demo account now. If you have troubles using the form, click here to send an email to Brian Litke at email@example.com to request an account for the SoCQ Online.
Features of the SoCQ Online
This product is an online version of the Stages of Concern Questionnaire (SOCQ form 075) that can be completed online by many participants in a short amount of time. Updated with new data visualization features in 2011, the product provides access for a "survey administrator" to the online questionnaire as well as to an administrative site where the administrator can:
- set up an SoCQ cohort with a unique password and web site link which the administrator will send to survey participants to allow them to log on and complete the questionnaire online;
- customize the questionnaire with the name of the innovation being asked about;
- define subgroups for the SoCQ participants (if needed) to allow the questionnaire data to be graphed and examined for each individual, the entire cohort, or by a combination of one or more subgroups; and
- access the administrative area to view automatically generated graphs which represent the stages of concern for the participants being viewed. The data can be easily downloaded from the system in MS Excel format.
The pricing is $.50 per questionnaire completion, with a 100 questionnaire minimum order. Therefore, if you have 100 people who you would like to complete the questionnaire, you would need to purchase a quantity of 100 (e.g. 100 questionnaire completions x $.50 = $50). If you would like the same 100 people to take the questionnaire twice during the year, to see how their concern change over time, you would need to purchase 200 questionnaires.
Purpose of the Stages of Concern Questionnaire
Since its development in the 1970s, researchers, evaluators, and change facilitators have been using the Stages of Concern (SoC) Questionnaire to assess teacher concerns about new programs and practices. The purpose of this questionnaire is to determine what people are thinking about when using various programs or practices. It is intended to assess their levels of concerns at various times during the adoption process. You can learn more about the "Stages of Concern" and how to interpret the meaning of the SoCQ graphs by reading Measuring Implementation in Schools: The Stages of Concern Questionnaire.
After triggering the account creation form, you will receive a userID and password allowing you, the survey administrator, to log on to the survey coordinator site. The survey administrator should submit the SEDL Copyright Permission Request form before using the SoCQ with participants. Click here to view screenshots of the SoCQ survey administrator site.
Other Concerns-Based Adoption Model (CBAM) Publications:SEDL offers several publications so you can apply the CBAM when you introduce a new program, undertake research in a school setting, or launch an innovation in a school. The complete set of CBAM literature includes:
- Taking Charge of Change - a readable introduction to the CBAM method.
- Measuring Implementation in Schools: The Concerns-Based Adoption Model
- A Manual for Assessing Open-Ended Statements of Concern about an Innovation
- Measuring Change Facilitator Stages of Concern: A Manual for Use of the CFSoC Questionnaire
Click here for a set of suggested Actions to Support Change that you can try once the concerns of the individuals have been identified.
For more information on the CBAM tools, contact Garry Davis at (512) 476-6861.