Issues ...about Change
Issues...about Change was a series of briefing papers designed to address issues related to the implementation of comprehensive, long-term models for school reform. The most recent editions of Issues...about Change were produced during the 1996-2000 Regional Educational Laboratory contract by SEDL's Strategies for Increasing School Success (SISS) program.
Volume 9, 2000
- Number 2: Year One and Year Two: What Do You Do In Comprehensive School Improvement?
- Number 1: Comprehensive School Improvement: Addressing the Challenges (PDF version)
Volume 8, 2000
- Number 2: Co-Developers: Partners in a Study Of Professional Learning Communities
- Number 1: Launching Professional Learning Communities: Beginning Actions (PDF version)
The topic of professional learning communities is covered in vol. 4, no. 1, 1994, "Schools as Learning Communities;" vol. 7, no. 1, 1999, "Assessing a School Staff as a Community of Professional Learners;" and vol. 8, no. 2, 2000, "Co-Developers: Partners in a Study of Professional Learning Communities."
- To get a copy to review of SEDL's instrument "School Professional Staff as Learning Community Questionnaire" (SPSLCQ) discussed in these issues, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
- If you want to administer the SPSLCQ or reproduce it in a print or electronic publication, please fill out and submit an online copyright request form.
Volume 7, 1999-2000
- Number 2: Principals and Teachers: Continuous Learners (PDF version)
- Number 1: Assessing a School Staff as a Community of Professional Learners (PDF version)
Volume 6, 1997-98
- Number 2: Creating a Professional Learning Community: Cottonwood Creek School (PDF version)
- Number 1: Professional Learning Communities: What Are They And Why Are They Important? (PDF version)
Volume 5, 1995
- Number 4: Confronting and Managing Culture in a Changing Environment
- Number 3: Students: How They View Learning And Their Schools
- Number 2: Safe Schools: Lessons From The Sites
- Number 1: Maryetta School: The Center Of A Rural Community
Volume 4, 1994-95
- Number 4: Leading Change from the Classroom: Teachers as Leaders
- Number 3: Inclusion: The Pros and Cons
- Number 2: Staff Development and Change Process: Cut from the Same Cloth
- Number 1: Schools as Learning Communities (PDF version)
Volume 3, 1993-94
- Number 4: The Board's Role in Educational Improvement
- Number 3: Total Quality: A Missing Piece for Educational Improvement?
- Number 2: Changing Mental Frameworks
- Number 1: Superintendents of Small Districts and School Improvement
Volume 2, 1992-93
- Number 4: "Will Our Phones Go Dead?" The Changing Role of the Central Office
- Number 3: Vision, Leadership, and Change
- Number 2: Creating a Context for Change
- Number 1: The New Alliance of Superintendents and Principals: Applying the Research to Site-Based Decision Making
Volume 1, 1990-1991